Save a Stray is an all volunteer animal welfare group, dependent on donations to reduce the overpopulation of cats in our community by neutering as many as we can. We will loan traps and help neuter and ear tip cats at a low cost clinic. Anyone we help must follow the rules below to the best of your ability.
We can’t swoop in and solve the problem. We will partner with you to solve the problem.
Here is what we will ask of you:
- Provide ongoing care - food/water.
- Work with us to neuter every single cat, including pregnant ones.
- Help trap and transport cats.
- Keep overnight before releasing.
- Make sure property owner will allow cats to remain where they are.
- Return cats to original location. Do not release cats anywhere else.
- Return traps promptly, clean and in good condition. A deposit of $20 per trap is required. It is refunded when traps are returned.
- Donate to your fullest ability. This project is funded by donations. The cost to Save a Stray is $55 to spay a female cat, $75 if in heat or pregnant. $40 to neuter a male cat.
- We want to help you but need you to help us to your best ability.
- Send one or two group photos of cats in need to email@example.com.
How to TNR: http://ocgainesville.org/assets/2016/09/OC-Trapping-Guide.pdf.
Why TNR? https://www.alleycat.org/our-work/trap-neuter-return/.
A Save a Stray volunteer will contact you once your form is submitted.
Click here to apply for TNR assistance. (Forms are easier to fill out on a computer rather than a phone.)